History of Central Middle International School

Central Middle International School

     Central Middle International School was the home of the original Kokomo High School which opened in 1872.  After the first two Kokomo High Schools were closed due to fires, a third building opened in 1914  called Kokomo High School.  In 1984, Kokomo High School and Haworth High School consolidated. Haworth High School was named Kokomo High School South Campus housing grades 10-12 and Kokomo High School was named Kokomo High School Downtown Campus housing grades 8-9.  In 1996, the 9th grade students were moved to Kokomo High School South Campus and the Downtown Campus was renamed Central Middle School housing grades 6-8.  In 2010, Central Middle School began a renovation project to update the facility.  To date, three phases have been completed renovating nearly the entire original 1914 building. The auditorium is currently being renovated.

     In 2011, Central Middle School opened a magnet school within a school called the International School at Central Middle School. In May 2013 Central Middle School became an authorized International Baccalaureate school and opened as Central Middle International School in August 2013. As part of the International Baccalaureate Program, Central Middle International School currently houses Years 1, 2, 3 of the Middle Years Programme. The Middle Years Programme spans Grades 6-10, with grades 6-8 at Central Middle International School and grades 9-10 housed at Kokomo High School.  Beginning in the 2014-2015 school year, Central Middle International School will add the Integrated Arts Program to their facility.


Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2017 West Corporation. All rights reserved.